T Plugs: generic Deans Ultra Connectors
3.5mm bullet connectors soldering tip:
- popular 'Battery to ESC' connector
- male plug is soldered to the ESC
- get the polarity right
- sometimes tight fit, lube with graphite
- put shrink tube on before soldering
- plug M/F together before soldering
- polarity: while flat on table: vertical bar is positive, horizontal bar is negative
- Drill three 3/16 inch holes about 1/4 inch deep and 1/2 inch apart in a small board.
- Insert a 3.5mm connector in each hole, with the end to be soldered upright.
- Heat a connector with a soldering iron and melt a little solder into it, then insert the wire into the melted solder.
- Move the soldering iron away from the connector and hold the wire in place until the solder solidifies. Works like a charm, and you don't need three hands!
The small connector on Turginy batteries is called a JST-XH and is used for balancing.
Post a Comment