Simple Purchase Advice:
- Buy a Taranis if you need a radio and if you can find one.
- Buy an XJT module if you've got a 9x, 9xr, or other JR-module compatible radio
- X8R if you want S.Port compatible telemetry or SBUS servos.
- D4R-II if your need a small Rx that supports CPPM. Perfect for multirotors.
- module: XJT (JR)
- Smart Port, Telemetry
- receivers: X8R, X6R
- Taranis has XJT internally
- uses "smart port" sensors
- modules: DFT (Futaba), DJT (JR)
- receivers: D8R-XP, D8R-II Plus, D4R-II
- uses "hub based" sensors
- oldest series
- no telemetry
- receivers: V8R7SP, VD5M, V8R4-II, V8R7-II, V8FR-II