Come fly with Mark in the lovely San Francisco East Bay!
Monday, May 19, 2014
Some 3D Printed Stuff
Here's a few 3D random printed things. First up, a side-light for the ArctiCopter. Here's the wooden sidelights I was replacing.
I had to print in two pieces. It's a bit floppy, but not too bad. If I try again, I will put a T on the back for reinforcement.
Hot glue seems to work pretty nicely to bond the pieces. I had modelled two holes so the glue would make a tight bond. I used "high" setting on the glue gun, and it seemed to melt the two pieces together a bit.
Here's a little model I used to give the 3D printer tutorial at work. I got it off of thingiverse and resized it down to about 10mm tall. It came out pretty cute and printed in about 4 minutes.
I had a problem with some flat pieces curling up. I think it was because the tape was letting go of the glass. I tried it again with tape all the way to the edge and wrapped around, and it solved the problem.
Here's a Bixler 2 autopilot cover. Cut out the spot just behind the cowling and it provides a nice spot to mount and cover a flight controller.