Monday, June 27, 2011
I'm having a bit of trouble bending blogspot to my will regarding captioning and photos... I'll get some more words and pictures up shortly!
Here's the start of the Arcticopter 3, which will be as light and as small as we can make it. After we get the full-size build flying reliably, I'll try trimming the arms down and see if it will still be stable in the air.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
A while back I lost the head from my el cheapo tripod. I couldn't find a convenient replacement head, so I carved one out from a piece of wood. A counter-sunk stainless steel bolt attaches it to the camera. I cut an angled edge on the front, and gouged out a little spot in the back for attaching it to the tripod.
I thought it would be a stopgap measure while I found a real replacement head, but it turned out to work so well I just kept using it.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
It's not a super-snug fit, but I think it could work pretty well if glued or shimmed.
3/8 inch = 9.52500 millimeters