Come fly with Mark in the lovely San Francisco East Bay!
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Zephyr II glued up!
Got the body glued up... wasn't quite sure what I was doing with the 3M 90, but it went not too badly. That stuff is sticky. I got some on my hand and had to wait for the next day for it to wear off.
I didn't get good coverage on the tips, but a bit of epoxy seems to have set things right.
I followed Chris' video for the motor mount installation. It worked well. I used a skinny hacksaw blade, so the motor mount was a bit of a tight fit and caused some cracking of the foam. A bit of epoxy set things right. Next time, I'll use a fatter blade, or make extra passes with the skinny blade to hollow the slot out a bit more.