Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Small Scale Battery Soldering

 The battery died in my tiny DSO Oscilloscope.  Opening it up showed a 1S LiPo of undetermined amperage.  Pay close attention to the smallness of the battery wires!
I had a spare 1S battery.  It was fitted with a JST connector, so I snipped that off.  The wires were huge compared to the old battery.

I'm pleased to say I got it soldered with no problem.  It's the closest work I've ever done with a live battery and I'm happy to say nothing was shorted. I was really sweating it out though!

I'm putting this picture up partly as reference for battery orientation, and partly coz I'm pleased with being able to make this connection successfully.

1 comment:

  1. I had a spare 1S battery. It was fitted with a JST connector, so I snipped that off. The wires were huge compared to the old battery.http://kolelocksmithindy.com

    ReplyDelete