Note: Replicator 2 uses only PLA.
I'll come back and revise some of the missing parts (e.g. the menu instructions) after I get a chance to go through the steps again.
Power on (switch on rear right)
- snake the filament through the clear tube, from the back
- detach clear tube from printhead
- select menu: utilities/filament/load (left arrow is back)
- feed filament into head
- you will feel the feeder take over
- let filament go until it touches the baseplate
- push the M button to stop filament feed
- attach clear tube to printhead
Printing from computer
- attach usb cable; usb cable falls between the two tables, fish out through the middle
- run makerware, get your model ready
- click "The Replicator 2" button
- advanced parms: set feed travel to 60 cm/min (default is 80) for better results
- select raft and supports if you need them
- see notes below on detaching
- do something to disable sleep or you will blow your print. on our macs, push the mouse to the bottom left corner.
- click print.
- when the unit starts, it will draw a line of filament from the front left corner to the start of the model. watch for that, if this filament line is bad cancel your print.
Printing from SD card
- fiddle with your settings as above
- we're still pre-7 firmware, so save as S3D
- use an SD card of 2G or less
- put your card in the slot
- menu: utilities/filament/unload
- the baseplate will detach, push the rear tab back
- blue painters tape can be put on the baseplate to ease detachment
- lightly sand the tape for better adhesion, so the melted filament doesn't move around
- log piece(s) in logbook
- unfeed filament (menu:)
- power off
And here's my first test piece! It's a sizer for metric nuts and bolts. No numbers printed in this version though. Next up: camera carrier for Bixler 2.