- Received plane kit along with tube of Welder's Glue. I emailed SuperFlyRC and they arranged to combine shipping. Otherwise, their online shop bumps ground shipping from $10 to $20. Still waiting for HK and HZ shipments to arrive.
- Got low-temp hot glue gun from Amazon. Ordering wiring-quality soldering iron.
- do I need battery connectors? have to see how the HK stuff arrives.
- is it normal to solder the motor to the ESC?
- have a mailing list for superfly owners.
- sell an "everything you need" kit that includes batteries, connectors, etc. You can have a high-end and low-end version of this kit.
- List detail for "complete hardware"
Here's everything I bought so far for this plane. Things marked (**) aren't specifically for this plane but are "generic" items.
- Spektrum DX6i transmitter, $150 (**)
- USB cable for DX6i, to use with sim, $12 (**)
- Battery Charger [HX8080], $24.95 (**)
- ESC programming card [TR_PC], $6.95 (**)
- Receiver [AR6110] $50
- 2 servos [TGY-2216MG], $18.90 each
- ESC [TR_B18], $14.99
- 2 Batteries [T1300.2S.20], $6.29 each
- Kit, including body, motor (Towerpro 21), prop (GWS 8x6), rods (2), control horns (2, size 1/2A)