Friday, February 28, 2014

East Bay Guide to Understanding PID Loops, Part 2

Building on the intuitive model presented in part 1, we take a look at the mathematical model and write a PID control loop based on that model.  Hang in there if you're unfamiliar with the math... it turns out to be pretty straight-forward code in the end!

Like part 1, this is a first take.  I was going to make a second take, but I discovered I had scribbled all over my only nice-looking copy of the PID math.  Your comments are welcome!

The printed formula is from wikipedia.  I tried doing this Khan Academy style with a tablet... wow that's hard to write with, that man is a genius if for no other reason being able to use one of those things!



blogodex = {"toc" : "PID Loops", "idx" : ["tutorials"]};

No comments:

Post a Comment