- Plugged in xtremebee USB.
- Kept getting behavior as if the right mouse button was being pressed.
- APM could not connect over XBee link.
- Opening the "Devices and Printers" control panel showed that Windows 7 was thinking the xbee was a mouse.
I looked at various settings to see if there was a "this is not a mouse" button. I didn't change anything, but it seems to have fixed things.
John Church figured out the problem and the cure:
- It happens when the APM side is powered up before the PC side.
- When the USB is attached, Windows sees data coming in over the serial link.
- Windows comes to the (stupid) conclusion "this must be a mouse!"
- Fix: power up the PC side USB XBee before powering up the APM.